Go Back   Nicaragua.com Discussion Forum > Personals/Busca Personas > Genealogy/Geneology

Notices

Searching for Family in Nagarote, Nicaragua

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th April 2006, 23:26

I am searching for my Grandmother's family in Nagarote, Nicaragua: Anita Mendoza Mayorga, left Nagarote in 1947 at the age of 22. She now lives in California with a very loving family, but hasn't seen her family in almost 60 years.

The family has always wanted to know our Nicaraguan relatives and my father has made the most attempts at researching and contacting them. My father has actually written to and received a couple letters from my grandmother's youngest sister, Delfina Mendoza.

The last correspondence my father had with his Tia Delfina, was March 27, 1984. The address listed is:
Barrio el porbenir del puerto media cuadra arriba 3 al norte una abajo- Nagarote, Nicaragua.

Any information on family, how to locate family in Nicaragua, or travel advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless.

-Emy Lopez
Old 9th April 2006, 00:50

There are 117 Mendoza Mayorga, none of them in Nagarote and nobody is registered as Delfina Mendoza Mayorga.
If you provide other names like the parents of Delfina, or her husband or children with two surnames, I might find somebody that is a relative of Delfina.
Almost 22 years without any communication is a long time, but I will try to find any relative is you can provide more names.
The information I have is from the list of people older than 16 years registered for casting ballots in October 2001 presidential election in Nicaragua.
Sorry, I cannot halp you.

Old 9th April 2006, 05:06

Thank you for replying. I do have a lot of information on other family members:

My Great-grandmother: Josefa Larga-Espada Mayorga Mendoza Born: 1899, Deceased: July 31, 1980
--Her parents were Andres Mayorga and Narcisa Larga-Espada.
---Her sister: Petra Mayorga Medina -Born in 1895-an American Doctor brought her over to the U.S. as a nanny when she was 19 years old. In 1947, after she became a widow, she traveled back to Nicaragua and brought her niece, Anita Mayorga Mendoza (my grandmother) to help her in the U.S.
---Other Sisters: Anita Mayorga, Adela Mayorga, Rosa Mayorga, Hortensia Mayorga, Ismeralda Mayorga
---Brothers: Adam Mayorga, Francisco Mayorga, Andres Mayorga

My Great-grandfather: Alberto Trinidad Mendoza
Born: 1894, Deceased: November 7, 1979
--His parents were Jesus Mendoza and Carmen Trinidad
---His Brother: Francisco Mendoza
---His Sisters: Graciela Mendoza, Josefa Mendoza, Ignacia Mendoza, Maria Mendoza

My Great-Aunts & Uncles: (My Grandmother's Brothers & Sisters)
1. Carlos Mayorga Mendoza - Born 1917, Deceased 1985.
2. Geronimo Mayorga-Mendoza - Born 1919, Deceased 1924.
3. Anita Mayorga Mendoza - Born 1922, Deceased 1924.
4. Anita Mayorga Mendoza - Born 1924 (My Grandma)
5. Geronimo Mayorga Mendoza - Born 1926
6. Rosaemilia Mayorga Mendoza - Born 1927, Deceased 1929.
7. Manuel Mayorga Mendoza - Born 1928
8. Sophia Mayorga Mendoza - Born 1930
9. Delfina Mayorga Mendoza - Born 1932

I learned that my father and grandmother continued writing to our family in Nicaragua, but they think all communication was cut off due to the Revolution.

The addresses that I have is: Barrio Fernando Salazar -Nagarote, Nicaragua

Thank you again for all of your help!

-Emy Lopez
EmyMarieLopez@aol.com

Old 9th April 2006, 16:39

I could not find any of the names you sent me. Please send the names of your grandmother nephews and nices, for example, the full names of Delfina's children including the full names of the parents.

I will not advise you to travel to Nicaragua unless you have a good lead. In Nicaragua there is not a people finder office, and visiting Nagarote to ask neighbors in Barrio Fernanado Salazar whether they know the whereabouts of your grandmother relatives will be a waste of time and money.

We should try again looking for your grandmother nephews and nices.
Old 9th April 2006, 19:30

I have an Excel file ready for you is you write to my address jmejial@yahoo.com
I cannot tell if any of the relatives is there, but it lists all the descendants of Mendoza Mayorga males and females. For examples, there are several children of an Anita Mendoza Mayorga born in the 1950s that could be your grandaunts children. Your grandmother is the only one that can tell who is who.
The worksheet has four sheets: child, father, mother and catalog. Child lists all 117 registered to vote carrying Mendoza Mayorga as a surname. Father lists people that has a Mendoza Mayorga as father and the same to the mother sheet. Catalog lists the municipal code where the child in each of the three sheets was born. The last column in each sheet has the street address of the children on that sheet that you can use for writing a letter in Spanish. The first column is the municipal code for the place of residence that you should use for the street address.
Old 10th April 2006, 03:25

Please make note that the surname is Mayorga-Mendoza and not Mendoza-Mayorga.

Thanks!
Old 10th April 2006, 03:51

You are confusing me. In your first message you stated that were looking for Anita Mendoza Mayorga and I did the search for the surnames in that order.
Please confirm. I do not want to do another wrong search.